Monday, September 29, 2008

School is a waste

School should just be a series of internships, real world experiences set up through your "university." This would be a much better use of time rather than classes that are set up for the least common denominator of student. More and more classes seem to have less and less to do with actual business practices. I was under the impression that the education you would receive would be knowledge that would help you land a job. I don't know maybe a class or two about what you can do with your degree and what areas of work to enter after school.
I know that there are placement programs and other such offices at school but they just reccomend that you go to the insurance companies and sell insurance, F-that. Why should this be an extra-curricular activity on top of all the crap that must be done. I figured this would be a package deal with the ridiculous sums of money that are being forked over every semester.
Perhaps this little baby rant that I've just written will be enough bitching for the evening that I can go back to writing this paper and concentrate until its done.

No comments: