Monday, September 15, 2008

ineptitude testing my patience

It blows my mind how some people get into college and make it past first semester. Today in financial managment class was one of those times. Part of what frustrates me about college is that we are supposed to be more knowledgable on a subject than the average person such that the instructor can teach everyone revolutionary ideas that the understanding of will require critical thinking. Now it pains me to think that these classes are being paid for when some asshole is holding up the other 25 people in the class from being productive because they do not grasp the concepts developed in basic mathematics. Not algebra or trig (god forbid the calculus to come later in the class), but such topics as the identity property and simple multiplication. Now would that have been long division I would have been more tolerant since long division is some tough stuff. I hope this person either drops the class or figures some stuff out quickly because I don't know if I can sit through another one of those classes much longer.

1 comment:

jw said...

while I understand your excitement concerning the gamjams.net nod, I still contend you need more pictures to make this blog a daily visiting portal. Get your numbers up son!

By the way, when you go to grad school, know that you will work more than you are working now.