Saturday, August 9, 2008

I have ESP

So in my last real post (not counting history is for losers) I make some bold predictions as to how things go down for me in races. Well I must have ESP because that is exactly what happened. Down at the Chesapeake crit today I found myself in a great position on the starting line and got a great clip in which leads to being on the front. I didn't really gun it hard or anything but on the backstretch I look back only to see that I am by myself, alright time to go I guess. So two or three laps later I get brought back which is kinda a bummer since I felt pretty good up front and all doing a strong pace but no no, not to be had. The race itself was pretty boring, no real slowdowns or searing acceleration, just a steady 26.5-28 ish pace that allowed for four wide in tight turns and some jokers par-taking in said activities. Which leads me to wonder why "teams" of 10-15 riders in a race do not do more work to clean up races like this, I mean what's the point of wearing the same goofy ass jersey every race if there is no assemblance of team racing action. I digress, this race was asking for a crash being how turns were taken and the number of jokers that were red-lining the piss outta themselves while not riding wheels. This simple fact made it difficult to grow a pair of balls and move up. With one to go I was chillin about 20th ish goin into the second turn when a sweet move was pulled a couple wheels up, some baller status rider has learned to go through turns without looking while riding in the middle of the pack. Sweet move until he realized that it would be easier for him if he did look at the turn. This change of heart caused mayhem in the pack that resulted in the dude in front of me eating a curb. I got checked up and then sprinted back on to the group finished somewhere back of mid pack. Later on in the 1-2-3 race I got to watch Keith "BAMF" Johnson bridge up to one tough bitch who had been by himself for 10-15 laps. These two guys just rolled on through to the finish while the field kept attacking each other, pretty cool to watch, must suck to sit in on. Anyways, tomorrow is sleep day, prob sleep til like 3 pm then get up and pretend to study for the final on monday, sweet life

4 comments:

Kevin said...

BigWickNasty is in the House!
Thx fo comin over yesterday

jw said...

ok guy. 1st things 1st: paragraphs. 2nd: at least be honest. If your cat 4 race really averaged 26.5-28 mph, then something must have happened since I have been gone because working mans classic was only 26.5 and that race had some fast dudes in it. That's not to say your race touched 28, but don't lead your readers to believe that you were crushing it at 28mph avg or I will have to call you tall tale tkarnes!

Lastly, if you know how all these races are going to end up, then do something about it to change it up. Counter when it's insane to do so. Attack attack attack until people can't go anymore, you get faster, or everyone thinks you are crazy. Then at least you'll be stronger via racing.

Just my humble outside hernia observer's opinion.

Wick said...

I refute the point, it was not a 26.5-28mph average, but pace, saying there was slowdowns for turns and the natural slowdowns that occur during the race. I agree though that a 26-28 mph average would be a bit out of reach for a four race

MYWORLD said...

Fuk yah wick has a blog this is the best day of life.